The 24-Hour Musical is back, and we need YOU to write it!
Do you fancy yourself the next Sondheim or Weber? Are you and a friend destined to be the next Rodgers and Hammerstein or Lerner and Loewe?
Here is your chance to write a musical for Rutgers’ Premiere Musical Theatre Organization, the Livingston Theatre Company. What exactly do you need to prepare?
- The show should be about an hour long.
- The story should be light and fun, stringing together approximately 10 songs.
- The songs can be contemporary radio hits, popular showtunes, or anything you think would fit into the next best musical – as long as they are easy/popular enough that someone would be able to learn and perform them with little rehearsal.
- The show should have a medium sized cast, with 4-5 principle characters and an ensemble.
- Prepare a cover page with your basic information – Name, RUID, Year, Major, email address, and phone number.
- Send a copy of the script and cover page to info@ruLTC.org by January 20th (the first day of classes).
- NOTE: The writer of the show may still apply for a ProStaff position and/or audition.
How does the 24-Hour Musical work?
- February 6th – Applications for ProStaff (Director, Choreographer, etc.) become available
- February 23rd – Applications for ProStaff close
- Friday, March 6th - Auditions are 7pm-11pm in the LSC, Room 111. Cast list will be posted that night.
- Saturday, March 7th – The 24-Hour period will begin at 2pm. The cast will be given the script, and their respective parts/songs for the first time, and they have 24 hours of rehearsal time
- Sunday, March 8th – The performance will be held at 3pm in the LSC
(You may notice this seems like 25 Hours. No, we’re not trying to cheat. The 24-Hour Musical happens to coincide with daylight savings time, so we’re adding an hour to be fair)
Please email info@ruLTC.org if you have ANY questions or need guidance in any way.